PanelClaw's deep experience in flat roof provides a competitive advantage to partners working with us on their flat roof projects. Everything we do is geared toward accelerating the worldwide adoption of PV.
PANELCLAW’S FLAT ROOF PROJECT EXPERIENCE
No one has more flat roof experience than PanelClaw. This experience translates to a competitive advantage for our partners.
- Flat Roof installations in more than 30 countries around the world
- over 8,000 flat roof projects completed
- unmatched 99.997% reliability track record
- Projects ranging from 5kW to 20MW on a single roof
- successfully permitted flat roof projects with more than 1,800 U.S. permitting offices, Including the most demanding ones.
- installations in 45 states plus Puerto Rico in the US, includes the most stringent wind, seismic and snow conditions.
TESTING & CERTIFICATION DATA PROGRAM
PanelClaw’s flat roof test data program is the most advanced in the industry, It encompasses a mixture of in-house and third-party expert testing coupled with rigorous in-house and outside peer review protocols. The result is the unmatched reliability track record of our flat roof mounting structures for our partners and their customers.
Our test program includes, but is not limited to:
Electrical – bonding & ground path resistance testing
Bonding path resistance;
Thermal cycling (TC-200);
High current bonding conductor 125% and 200%; and
Mechanical – load testing
Negative load; and
Fire - spread of flame testing
2. Mechanical Load Transfer testing (lateral E/W/N/S) to show compliance with SEAOC guidelines given PanelClaw’s Automated Wind and Seismic Design (AWSD) software algorithms and array layout rules.
3. Vertical lift testing to determine Effective Wind Areas for use in wind design methodology
4. Coefficient of friction testing following ASTM G115
5. Boundary layer wind tunnel testing – spanning more than 8 years of annual testing
6. Mechanical Load tests for mechanical attachments
7. 1,500 hour salt spray corrosion testing
8. Lateral stiffness testing on tilted table to evaluate all connection points
9. Roof wear testing to validate efficiency of roof protection pads
Over the past 8 years, PanelClaw has launched eight flat roof products which have progressively lowered the life-cycle-cost of flat roof PV while delivering unparalleled product reliability under even the most challenging environmental, permitting, and building site conditions.
2008 – Polar Bear® flat roof 10 degree tilt (10D)
2009 – Grizzly Bear® flat roof 10D and Panda Bear® ballasted Ground Mount
2010 – Polar Bear II 5D and 10D and Grizzly Bear II 10D; In-house first generation Automated Wind and Seismic Design Software (AWSD)
2011 – Kodiak Bear® 10D, 15D and 20D; Gen II AWSD software
2012 – Polar Bear II E/W 10D; Gen III AWSD software including Europe
2013 – Sun Bear® foundation based Ground Mount
2014 – Polar Bear III 10D; Gen IV AWSD software including SEAOC PV 1 and 2 for wind and seismic in California
2015 – Polar Bear III 5D; Gen V AWSD including SEAOC (US)
2016 – Polar Bear III HD 5D, 10D and in collaboration with First Solar - Polar Bear III First Solar 3; Gen VI AWSD software including full SEAOC PV 1 and 2 compliance for all US designs and India